|Primary Food basmati rice||1 1/4 cups|
|Spinach||2 medium sized bundles|
|Green chillies||2 or 3|
|Cumin seeds||1 tbsp|
|Frozen corn kernels||3/4th cup|
|Cinnamon||1 inch piece|
|Lemon juice||1 tbsp|
|Salt||Salt to taste|
Method of Cooking:
- Use plenty of water to wash the rice carefully. Then soak the rice in enough water. Soak it for about half an hour or more.
- Wash, clean and chop the spinach. Frozen corn kernels must be thawed till they become soft.
- Peel and wash the ginger and garlic. Chop them finely.
- Wash green chillies and slit them into two.
- For cooking, heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds. When they start to change colour an dive out aroma, add all the raw spices - bay lead, cloves, peppercorns, green cardomom, black cardamom, cinnamon and mace. Cook till they start giving out aromatic fragrance.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic and green chillies. Cook them for about a minute on medium heat.
- Add corn kennels and continue to cook.
- Drain the soaked rice. Add them into the pan and sit gently.
- Add two and a half cup of water to it.
- Add salt to taste. Bring the rice to a boil, and add spinach.
- Mix well. Cook on high heat ad keep stirring gently.
- Once the water is absorbed, add lemon juice. Cover the pan and lower the heat.
- Cook for about 5 minutes and till rice is completely cooked.